Pages

Pain Is Temporary

Pain Is Temporary
Some Inspriation I Found

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Workout 8/21/12

The Workout

This workout was all arms and cardio. I wasn't technically supposed to do cardio, but I was working out with a friend and decided to do a cardio circuit at the end of my workout so we could get some work in together. 

Arms

Superset 1: 
Barbell Curls: 5x15, 60lbs first 3 sets, 55lbs last 2 sets
Bench Dips: 5x12 (don't know why they ask me to do so few in this superset...)

Superset 2: 
Incline Alternating DB Curls: 8 reps each arm, 5-second twist at bottom, 4 more reps each, 5 sets
Bench Dips: 5x30

Superset 3: 
Preacher Curls: 5x12, 50lbs
French Press (couldn't get a cable station for pushdowns): 5x20, 50lbs

Superset 4: 
Forearm Curls: 3x20, 20lbs
Forearm Extensions: 3x20, 5lbs (I am a big believer in balance, so I added extensions because it wasn't in the program)

Cardio Circuit

4 Sets: Row 250meters => 15 25-lb plate swings (like a kettlebell swing) => 1 minute of front plank variations (Spiderman planks, 4-corner planks, stretch planks)

The Result

In all, this was a good workout. My arms were super pumped by the end and are still shaking even now (nearly 20 hours later). I pushed myself to the limit, especially my forearms. Adding the row really added difficulty for them more than I expected. 

The cardio was more fun than usual because I made a circuit of it, so my heart rate and breathing were very high for about 15 minutes total. It's exhausting doing HIIT, but I like it because it doesn't take so long and I can mix it up to prevent over-stressing any of the muscle groups I lift with. 

The french press was also much more difficult than tricep pushdowns typically are, so that added another layer of difficulty to this workout. I probably could have chosen a more similar workout, but it was convenient for my superset with preacher curls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment