Pages

Pain Is Temporary

Pain Is Temporary
Some Inspriation I Found

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Workout and Diet Log 8-28-12

My Diet 

I was pretty good again yesterday. I ate under my caloric threshold, but there were a couple of things I'd take back if I could, namely the hash browns and extra lasagna. At lunch, I was really hungry. Still, I opted for a an 8oz portion of lasagna, knowing it was the most unhealthful part of my diet this week. When I was still hungry 20 minutes later, however, I decided to go back for more and doubled up.

At dinner I just had a bit of everything and tried to make sure I didn't overdo it on any dish, which worked as it turned out, since I ended the day with about 300 calories remaining.  I really don't need to go hungry if I'm responsible and continue eating healthful, low calorie, protein-rich foods throughout the day. One or two food items doesn't make or break my diet so long as I am portion-conscious.

For a breakdown of my diet yesterday, see below:

The Workout

6-Minute Warmup On Treadmill

Lifting

Pullover Machine (Log says to do DB, but in the video Dorian Yates suggests that it isn't as good as the machine because the range of motion is shorter): 2 warmup sets (12 reps at 95lbs, 12 reps at 125lbs) and one working set (11 reps at 170lbs)
      Note: I can increase weight significantly on this workout next time

Close-Grip Pulldown: 1 warmup set (12 reps at 145lbs) and 1 working set (8 reps at 175lbs, rest-pause, then 4 more reps)
     Note: I may be able to increase weight on this next time, but it'll depend how I feel

One-Arm Row: 1 warmup set (12 reps at 40lbs) and 1 working set (15 reps at 55lbs)
     Notes: My right arm felt much stronger on this and I clearly need to increase the weight to get into the 8-10 rep range for my working set. I worked hard on this, but I didn't follow the program because I didn't choose an appropriate weight. Next time I'll go up to 70s I think.

Wide-Grip Cable Row: 1 warmup set (10 reps at 135lbs) and 1 working set (8 reps at 165)

Deadlifts: 1 warmup set (10 reps at 135) and 1 working set (10 reps at 205)
     Note: I can increase weight a bit next time to get to exhaustion

Cardio

Today's cardio was done in the PM after work. I did 30 minutes of stair-stepping on level 5 and burned just over 300 calories. I also kept my heart rate up above 150 the whole time. Felt good, biggest issue was foot pain, which I'm hoping improves with time.

1 comment:

  1. Props to you for keeping a solid diet log! The potential for improvement is so much higher that way.

    ReplyDelete