Pages

Pain Is Temporary

Pain Is Temporary
Some Inspriation I Found

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Exercise and Diet Log: 10-2-12

The Workout: Back & Cardio

Back


Cardio


Workout Notes: 

This workout was pretty tough. My biceps were really sore and they're pretty important on back day, so I felt weaker than usual. The higher rep range for multiple sets is pretty tough, in general. I'm excited for this program. 

Today I'm quite sore in my upper back, so I must have done something right. I was careful to control the weight and squeeze my muscles while performing each rep, so all my reps were quality. I'm not going to try and cheat out extra reps anymore. It's not worth the injury risk. 

I wanted to include chin-ups and back extensions in this workout, but my biceps were too sore for chin-ups and I couldn't get through dead-lift as it was, so I called it good there. I'll build up to 5 sets, then add these extra workouts in after. I hit the major back muscles pretty good already. 

Injury Update: 

I had some tension in my elbows during my warm-up on the rowing machine, but I was careful to pull very lightly until it got warmed up and I could pull harder. I think it works out really well using the rowing machine to warm up because I can get some blood flow into my elbow joint before I start putting a lot of strain on it. I think this is good. I still haven't noticed any improvement, but as long as I can keep lifting without making it worse, I'm not going to complain. Triceps day will be the real challenge and that is tomorrow, so we'll see how it holds up. 

My Diet

Diet Notes

I didn't quite hit my calorie goal. I went about 200 calories over. Not the worst thing ever, but I'm going to try to be more careful in the future. I also didn't consume enough protein...not even close. I also overshot on fat and carbohydrates. I figure if I avoid high fat/high carb foods like lasagna, I'll be fine. The Oh Yeah bar didn't help either. I expected more protein than it gave me and it had too many carbs. I also think I can add an extra protein shake in to get myself more protein. I don't want to overdo it with the shakes, but I don't know how else I can get to 300+ grams of protein without overshooting on fat or carbs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment