Pages

Pain Is Temporary

Pain Is Temporary
Some Inspriation I Found

Friday, October 12, 2012

Workout & Diet Log: 10/11/2012

Injury Rehab Workout: Chest & Biceps Day

The Workout

 

Lifting Summary

I felt a little tight during the DB Bench Presses, but got through it without any problems. My triceps were pretty sore, which was apparent during the lockout portion of that lift. My chest is pretty sore today, so I know I hit it pretty well.

I couldn't get on any cables, so I moved onto Flat Bench Flies next. I chose a weight that was comfortable and made sure I went down deep as possible into the stretch, paused, then raised the weight with control until the tension was gone, which is when my hands are about 12 inches apart. Time under tension and flexibility were the goal here. I think it worked because I was pretty pumped after this workout.

Next I did cable crossovers. I did them in a different location this time, so the weight was different (dual v. single-pulley). I also don't feel that my chest got the same work this time. It felt like the weight was more on my shoulders than chest. Today I looked into it and it's clear to me that it's one of two things I need to adjust:
  1. Use the other machine next time, duh!
  2. Make sure my arms are going up straight in front of me, and not lower than my shoulders.
I'm not sure where I was bringing my arms, so next time I'll try #2 and see if changing my motion gets me that phenomenal pump I got last time I performed this workout. 

Cardio

I went HARD on the stair stepper this time. I was on the newer model where you actually have to take steps and I had my heart rate well into the 160s-170s for 20 minutes. My goal was to get to 350 calories burned from cardio, which I did with the heightened intensity on the stepper, so I forewent a second round of rowing. As usual, rowing was my warmup and the pace was standard for me. 

Diet Log

 

Diet Summary

My diet today was abysmal. I failed on the self-control front. It was looking really good going into and evening leaving the gym. I had intended to have something really light for dinner since my snacks were a bit heavier than usual with the addition of the mixed nuts. But instead of going home, I decided to go to my buddy's comedy show, not planning on eating or drinking anything.

Unfortunately, my self-control did not win the day...I saw everyone eating the burgers and fries and drinking beers. Jim, the bartender/cook there, makes great burgers. I gave into temptation and ate the burger and about 1/3 of the fries (I gave the rest away, salvaging at least SOME self-respect).  I won't have gained weight today, but I definitely won't have lost any weight today.

No comments:

Post a Comment