Pages

Pain Is Temporary

Pain Is Temporary
Some Inspriation I Found

Friday, October 12, 2012

Workout & Diet Log: 10/9/2012

Injury Rehab Workout: Leg Day

This is the first time I'm performing this leg workout. It's focus is on hip development and flexibility. I'm trying to get good work in without risking my back, knees, or feet, while at the same time strengthening my weak points so I can make bigger gains down the road.

The Workout

 

Lifting Summary

I was surprised at how hard this workout wound up being muscularly, but equally surprised that I didn't find myself taxed from a fitness perspective. I think the lower weight and focus on form made it hard on my leg muscles, without overtaxing my core muscles. It's been two days and I'm still sore, especially my hip muscles. I'm going to stick with this for awhile, even if my elbows heal up nicely.

The front squats were odd. I wasn't able to lift as much as I thought I would be able to, but that may be because I was going to rock bottom. Next time I'll make sure I get 3x12 (unless it risks injury of course). I felt a really great quadriceps burn during this lift, so I know that the front squat shifts focus more onto the quad. Something to keep in mind.

Next I did step ups. I found these to be much harder on my forearms than on my legs. My system was taxed most from these out of any of the workouts. I felt like I got pretty gassed from these. Next time I'm going to use my wrist straps so it's easier to hold the dumbbells.

For the abductor and adductor, I tried to control the weight, maximize my range of motion, and really squeeze throughout the movements. Adductors were really nice and I got a great burn without any problems. Abductors have always been harder for me because I get cramps in my hip flexors when I squeeze at the end of the reps. Not sure if that's because they're inflexible or not strong enough. I couldn't find anything about the issue that answers my questions, so I'm hoping the problem will just go away if I stay on these.

Cardio












Cardio was just my warmup today because it was legs day and I didn't want to overstress them. Plus, my back was a little sore after lifting, so I didn't want to overdo it. 

My Diet

Diet Summary

I was pretty good with my diet today in terms of calories, but slightly overshot on fat (8g) and was about 40g over on carbs and under on protein. In all, I'm pretty happy with this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment