Pages

Pain Is Temporary

Pain Is Temporary
Some Inspriation I Found

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Workout & Diet Log: 10/15/2012

The Workout

Lifting 

Lifting Summary

I was in Beast Mode yesterday. I started my workout feeling pretty normal, but no matter what I did, I didn't feel like my system was being taxed. Sure, my muscles would get tired, but I still felt strong after each workout, so I added an additional 10 sets to the workout. The new exercises were Behind-The-Back Barbell Shrugs, for my traps, and Cable Shoulder Press for FST-7.

I also added in fascial stretching for this workout. So after I worked a muscle group, I would perform stretches while that muscle was pumped. I think this was a factor in my ability to work out so much extra. I never tightened up and it felt amazing!

The stretches I used are listed below:
  1.  Front Delt Stretch: Reach both arms behind you and grab a bar with an underhand grip. Bend your knees until you feel a stretch in your front deltoids. Hold 30-60 seconds. 
  2. Dumbbell Trap Stretch: Holding a DB in one hand, let your trap lengthen and tilt your head the opposite direction until you feel a stretch. Hold for 30-60 seconds, switch sides. 
  3. Lying Rotator Cuff Stretch: Lie on your side with your bottom arm perpendicular to your body. Raise your lower arm until it makes a 90-degree angle with your upper arm. Use the weight of your other arm to stretch your hand towards the floor. You'll feel a stretch deep in your shoulder joint. Hold for 30-60 seconds, switch sides. 
  4. Behind-Head Triceps Stretch w/ Dumbbell: Hold a dumbbell behind your head as if you were going to perform a one-arm triceps extension, let the weight pull your triceps down until you feel a stretch, then push your head back into your arm to intensify the stretch. Hold 30-60 seconds, switch sides. Use two hands to remove the weight, as your triceps will be weakened at this point. I used 25lbs, but you'll need a weight you can lift about 8 times. 
  5. Behind Back Barbell Stretch: In the Behind Back Barbell Shrug position, simply allow the weight to stretch your traps. Hold for 30-60 seconds. 

 

Cardio









This time all I did was row. 10 minutes were my warmup and the other ten minutes were my cool down. I didn't do quite as much as I wanted, because my right hand was feeling pretty tight. I would ordinarily do stair-stepping to get some more cardio in, but I wanted my legs to be strong for my Leg session today. I'm really excited for that.

Diet Log


Diet Summary

To be honest, I didn't keep track of all that I ate Friday-Sunday, so I didn't record it. What I do know is that I wasn't particularly responsible. I didn't eat a ton, but I didn't eat the most healthful options, either. I had pizza and wings one day, for example. I also ate out once and had a burger. Just not good decisions.

I'm not sure I'll be able to really ever hit the 315 grams of protein with only 162 grams of carbs. It's too hard and restricting. Carbs in everything, so I'd have to incidentally eat those carbs and avoid any foods that are mostly carbs, like brown rice and sweet potatoes. I can feel the difference on days when I cheat by eating too many carbs in the gym; it's like I feel 100% stronger.

So I'm still going to try and focus on protein, but I'm not going to be drinking 5 shakes/day and tripling up on my lunch meat, etc. It's ridiculous and unsustainable for me. I can fall under my calorie threshold and lose weight with a 1:1 ratio of protein and carbs. Sure, I may lose a bit more muscle, but I can deal with that so long as I'm not feeling compelled to cheat all the time and actually cut body fat.



No comments:

Post a Comment