Pages

Pain Is Temporary

Pain Is Temporary
Some Inspriation I Found

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Workout Log 8-30-12: Leg Day!

My Leg Workout

Leg workouts have always been my favorites because they're what I'm best at. I've always had large, disproportionately-strong legs. So this workout was really fun for me because it was a heavy leg lifting day and I moved a lot of weight around.

As before, this workout comes from the Dorian Yates Blood & Guts 6-week trainer. You can find the leg workout here.

My workout is below. To save time moving forward, I've started using FreeWorkoutLog.com to keep track of my lifts. It's pretty cool because you can track things like weight, body measurements, and improvements on individual exercises. From time to time, I'll post updates charting my improvement. Most likely after each program is completed.

Workout Details

Workout Notes: 

I was a little surprised by my performance today. Since this was my first leg workout in the program, I underestimated on several of my lifts and wound up needing to perform extra reps to hit exhaustion on my working sets (last set of each exercise). Next time, I need to increase weight on every single lift to perform the workout properly. It did feel good though lifting as much as I did. I should probably be Hack Squatting about 450 and Leg Pressing well over 1000 to get into the 10-12 reps range at exhaustion. Hopefully I'll do a bit better next time of figuring out my weights.

The ideal workout plan is below for quick comparison, but you can also check out the program at the link above.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment