Pages

Pain Is Temporary

Pain Is Temporary
Some Inspriation I Found

Monday, September 17, 2012

Workout Log 9-16-12: Delts/Tris

Deltoids & Triceps Day

My Workout: 

Workout Notes: 

This workout was really good. I increased weight or reps on every lift except for seated triceps press and side lateral raise. That means I'm still seeing good strength gains from this workout, which should indicate muscle growth as well given that my weight loss has been very gradual.

A couple of things that this workout has brought to attention is the fact that on certain lifts I can't perpetually increase weight. The only one where that will be a significant challenge in this particular workout is the triceps pushdown, which I maxed out for 10 reps. I may only be able to do 10 reps to exhaustion next week, but a week or two after and I'll be adding reps instead of weight. So I need to figure something out here. Maybe find a comparable exercise or find a way to add difficulty. I'll let you know what I decide to do. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Also, I have come a bit off schedule because of things in life. I'll gradually get back on schedule by nixing a rest day here or there, but it'll be at least a week before workout days correspond to the right day of week. I'm not going to cut out a workout to get back on schedule. So today is leg day and tomorrow I'll do chest/biceps.

I also haven't been keeping track of my diet lately, which is silly. No program is complete without accurate diet recording. I've not been eating too much calorie-wise, but some of my food choices haven't been "clean," so I'm going to get back into recording diet. This is both scientifically significant and helpful for accountability. 

I also have been doing research about what my next program will be after this one. I am pretty excited to try it out, but all I'm going to say about it now is that I'm glad I started with this program!



No comments:

Post a Comment